10,000m² - GFA
1,250m² - Site Area
Ronald McDonald House Charities is an independent, non-profit organisation that helps seriously ill children and their families when they need it most. The cornerstone program of RMHC is the Ronald McDonald House Program.
This houses project is located adjacent to the Queensland Children’s Hospital and the Mater Hospitals in South Brisbane.
The building includes family accommodation, community spaces, carparking, administrative facilities as well as some commercial space.
There are a range of unit type including family studios, self-contained and accessible arrangements, with a total of up to 112 units being provided making it the largest development type of it’s kind in Australia.
Community facilities include a variety of both internal and external dining, lounge and children play areas.
The design of Ronald McDonald House has been undertaken in a manner which promotes the socialization of families within the building. This includes the provision of communal areas on each floor of the six level building and the main lounge and dining area being located clearly visible from the main entry and reception. The critical mass of these facilities also provide the opportunity to include a commercial café and retail facility to service the building. The main administration offices for RMHC SEQ are also accommodated with the building.
- 112 family accommodation rooms, including studios, self-contained and accessible arrangements (70 initially in operation)
- Administration/Office space including Reception Areas with separate luggage storage space
- Children's play areas
- Cleaning store and facilities
- A number of domestic scale kitchen spaces, with adjacent internal and external dining spaces
- Children’s games area
- Garbage collection
- Garbage and linen chutes
- Linen store
- Lounge areas including TV
- One level of Car Parking on site
- Outdoor recreation and children's play area
- Porte Cochere for arrival and short term parking
- Quiet spaces for adults to work with computer facilities
- Space on each floor containing for a small lounge and kitchenette
- Storage space for perishable and non-perishable food, and household items
- Roof top function space