A flexible, sustainable workplace environment that celebrates Myer’s history and its influence in retail, fashion and culture
The Myer National Support Office provides a sustainable, 21st century workplace environment tailored to the specific activities undertaken by the leading Australian retailer. The 10 storey building and integrated fit-out, both designed by BVN, represent the values and history of the Myer brand and its progressiveness as a business and as an employer.
The workplace provides a flexible, connected and productive working environment that supports the people of Myer. Each of the 2,860m2 typical floors provide flexible work spaces which support an ever changing range of products and services in a collaborative environment. An east-facing atrium maximises natural light penetration and two connecting stairs enable the 1000 staff members to engage freely across all levels. Clear glazed sections within the building facades – a play on ‘shop front’ windows – allow glimpses into the Myer workplace from street level and surrounds. Internally these areas are meeting or activity zones and vary across the levels to reflect the vibrant community of Myer. An outdoor terrace on the top level gives staff the opportunity to get fresh air whilst enjoying views over the revitalised Melbourne Docklands.
Reflecting the brand’s history of fashion expertise, each of the 10 levels is themed around the fashion and popular culture of a particular decade, starting from 1910 to 2010. Each level has its own identity, integrated through the elegant use of graphic panels, forms, furniture, patterns, colour, furnishings and planting.
Myer's Property Supplier of the Year
- A new commercial cafe located within the tendency
- A new workplace to support Myers operations whilst respecting their history
- A prototype shop window display for mock ups
- CEO's office and associated executive spaces located within the heart of the fitout
- Dedicated client floor
- Physical co-activity across all 10 levels
- Presentation for merchandise
- Staff internal/external gathering space
- Storage solution for the huge variety of merchandise that the buyers used
- Open plan office, clear expansive design with high visibility, which is also quiet
- Each floor has a café with furniture of the decade
- Provision of mock up shop front window for workshopping displays
- Atrium with connecting stair allows people to engage freely across all levels
- Generosity of internal space tailored to unique needs of Myer retail business; large lifts and wide corridors to accommodate fashion racks
- History of Myer reflected in the different fashion themes of each floor and the clear multi-floor ‘shop-front’ windows
- Dynamic lift lobby graphics, developed with graphic designers Buro North, depict decades from the Art Noveau theme of the 1900 – 1910s on level one, through to the age of technology in 2010 on level 10
- Provision of 550 compactus bays and 1000 storage units for buyer product storage