Artemis Centre encapsulates Melbourne Girls Grammar’s commitment to prioritising girls’ wellbeing – by integrating academic, social and physical domains.
The 4,500m² building is an integrated building and interiors project. The centre incorporates Learning Commons, a 25m indoor pool, multi-use indoor sports courts, mind and body studio, high energy studio, gymnasium, fitness studio, change facilities, a café and an administration hub.
The project is sited within a complex urban environment including the existing school campus buildings, residential neighbours, Royal Botanic Gardens and a heritage listed chapel adjacent to the site. Working collaboratively with the school and project consultants has facilitated an exceptional design that meets the school’s aspirations and expectations. Underpinning the design is a comprehensive understanding of the Melbourne Girls Grammar School educational strategy and the important role that this building will serve as part of the school’s 21st century learning environments.
The building provides visual and physical connections across all four levels and provides outdoor amenity in the form of three outdoor terraces, the largest being capable of housing the senior school in a tiered seating arrangement with clear views to the indoor pool during school competitions.
- 25m Indoor Pool
- Multi-use Indoor Sports Courts
- Mind and Body Studios - Yoga and Pilates
- High Energy Studio
- Fitness Centre
- Jump Start Gymnasium
- Change Facilities
- Administration Hub
- Outdoor Terraces to East and West
- Consultation Rooms
- The Main Heart of the Senior School Campus
- Promotes Visual and Physical Connections across all Four Levels of the Facility
- Facilitates the School’s Pedagogical Aims
- Design Integrates within a Complex Urban Environment Comprising School Buildings, Residential Neighbours, Royal Botanic Gardens and a Heritage Chapel (A-Grade Listed)
- Large Outdoor Terraces for Informal Learning, Gatherings, Functions, Social Space for the Girls