9,000,000m² Site Area
220,000m² Building GFA
Elf 2B – Enhanced Land Force Stage 2 Phase 2B Facilities Project – is the development of over 165 buildings to support the expansion of the barracks into one of Australia’s largest army bases.
Gallipoli Barracks is located in the inner-western Brisbane suburb of Enoggera. The Enhanced Land Force Phase 2B (ELF 2B) initiative sees the number of personnel at the Barracks increase from 3,000 to 4,500, making it one of the largest army bases in Australia. This project delivers significant expansion of facilities, including 165 separate buildings to accommodate this growth. The development includes:
– Living-in accommodation for 8/9RAR – a new motorised infantry battalion
– New facilities for the 2nd Combat Engineer Regiment (2 CER, 7 CSR (Combat Support Regiment); an engineering regiment that includes construction and trade troops, large plant facilities, and materials and reclaim yards
– Refurbished and extended 7th Combat Service Support Battalion (7 CSSB) facilities
– Warrant Officer and Non Commissioned Officer (WONCO) Academy
– Close Training Area
– Conference facility including a 400 seat auditorium
– New facilities for HQ 1 Division, 1 Intelligence Company and Defence Support Queensland.
The project has been developed within an existing operational environment, requiring careful consideration of staging and decanting strategies to minimise disruption to the army units.
A “kit of parts” approach has been adopted to the design of cladding systems, structure, and services, in order to ensure consistency and maximise future flexibility and adaptability of facilities.
- Living-in accommodation
- WONCO Academy
- Working and office accommodation
- Gym / Pool
- Conference Centre
- Training Facilities
- Large vehicle workshops
- Warehouse facilities
- High quality design outcomes that are robust and cost-effective
- Project required development of solutions for the changing nature of the army, which is becoming increasingly mechanized and technologically sophisticated
- Efficient planning solutions for inner urban site
- Meets the challenge of integrating of people with the need to manoeuvre and park large combat vehicles
- Kit of parts approach to cladding systems ensure consistency and maximise future flexibility
- Pre-fabricated elements to reduce cost and construction time