The B:Hive will be home to a new small to medium enterprise (SME) community on Smales Farm, Auckland. Recognising various scales of business, will allow the Smales farm model to harbour a community of business that can grow, retract and generally adapt.
The building consists of four 2,500 m² floor levels designed with an internal atrium and the ability to connect within and to both neighbouring B6 and B7 buildings. The space comprises of commercial office space, a business/innovation hub and shared meeting facilities on the ground floor in addition to hospitality and retail tenancies opening on to the new square.
Interconnected, shared and cross related like the urban fabric; the B:Hive emulates the future workplace environment and establishes a sustainable model which can be rolled out across the rest of the growth precinct. Whilst it incorporates elements of some existing workplace practices, this model is a global first.
The building fosters growth and recognizes a need for adaptability. For a business to survive in the future market it needs to be agile and so requires a flexible environment that will allow it to evolve with a changing landscape.
- Building has been designed specifically for multi tenanted small / medium businesses.
- Designed to be flexible with an agile workplace.
- Designed to promote collaboration.
- Architectural design utilised computational design software, 3D printing, VR technology.
- Feature stairs in central atrium.