Fourteen years on from hosting the Sydney Olympics, the redevelopment of ANZ Stadium and its surrounds make it one of the most cutting-edge sports and entertainment precincts in the world.
A key highlight of the BVN design are the moving end stands and the transparent retractable roof that will open or close in 20 minutes to ensure playing conditions and spectator comfort all-year round.
The moving end stands enable ANZ to be a true multi purpose stadium that brings fans as close as five metres to the field in all codes including Soccer, Rugby League, Union, AFl and T20 cricket.
The key highlights of the redevelopment include:
- A new lively Stadium Precinct: A proposed dynamic commercial and entertainment precinct will wrap around the Stadium, bringing life, colour and energy to the precinct 365 days a year. New members health club, Olympic Museum, commercial offices, live sites, bars, cafes and restaurants are planned for both inside and out, creating a vibrant event destination.
- Bringing fans closer to the action: Moveable grandstands at both ends of the Stadium bring fans as close as 5m to the field of play by creating a perfect rectangle for Rugby League, Rugby Union and Football. Fans will be as close and in some instances closer to the action behind the goals than they are at Allianz Stadium, Suncorp Stadium and the iconic Emirates and Wembley stadiums in London. ANZ Stadium retains the ability to be configured for AFL and Cricket;
- A retractable roof: It will open or close in 20 minutes and weather-proof all events to en-sure perfect playing conditions and spectator comfort all-year round;
- New letter box view public concourse open to the precinct at ground level will give general fans enhanced game experience and the new members vertical village will create an interconnected members hub in the east and western precincts.
- Improving atmosphere: Capacity is maintained at 80,000-plus, but new design features allow the Stadium to be presented in team theme colours and operate in more “Intimate Mode” to give the Stadium the ability to configure appropriately for small, medium and large events;
- Cutting edge technology include from seat ordering, interactive user interface, advertising and game screens will permeate all areas of the stadium.
- Retractable roof
- Seating bowl and arena configuration
- Member facilities
- Corporate hospitality
- Entries and public area
- Players and officials
- Food and beverage
- Northern and southern developments