BVN is looking for a key member for its submissions team. This individual will provide assistance with the production of submissions and marketing collateral and work closely with and reporting to the Submissions Leader.
Who we’re looking for
To succeed in this role, we’re looking for someone who has:
- Excellent communication Skills: A key component of this role is putting together documents and presentations to communicate to potential clients the unique benefits of working with BVN. We are looking for someone who is confident in their written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Trustworthy and accountable: The leadership team relies heavily on the submissions team to manage a challenging pipeline of strategically important projects. We are looking for someone we can rely on to get the job done, on time and to the best of our collective abilities.
- Action Oriented: The fast-paced nature of this role requires that the team be proactive, highly motivated, self-directed and comfortable working autonomously when required. We are looking for someone who takes initiative, understands why things need to be done and formulate a plan for what that requires and how we will manage it.
- Creative problem solving: Our nature of our work and the industry is that it is always evolving and changing. Our submissions team needs to be able to quickly adapt to new situations and requests from clients, and to do this we need a team that can solve problems in a creative and fresh way.
- Self-confident: In this role you will be dealing with the Senior Leadership team and our clients on a daily basis. We are looking for someone who is confident in their abilities to manage the engagement of a wide group of project collaborators.
- Interested and engaged: The BVN studio is full of exciting, creative people who are genuinely driven to use design a better world. We’re looking for someone who has the right attitude – excited by the opportunity of working in a design studio environment who can bring their own personality and flair to the role.
- Digital adaptability: BVN is a practice driven by technology, and we expect candidates to have a thorough working knowledge of the Adobe suite. The candidate must be proficient with InDesign.
Location: Sydney, Australia
Whilst every day is different, there are certain responsibilities that must be maintained. You will be required to:
- Maintain, monitor, and update a register of new project opportunities and upcoming deadlines,
- Assist with the ongoing development and production of submission and marketing collateral, at local and national levels,
- Under the guidance of the Submissions Leader, lead the coordination and production of bids, submissions and marketing material for the Sydney Studio,
- Maintain a database of information on our opportunity pipeline, information on our projects and people, and key contact details for our clients and collaborators.
BVN has a strong commitment to mentoring. Previous experience in a similar role is preferred, not required. We are looking for a bright and engaged individual who wants to be here and wants to actively contribute to the success of the studio.
BVN has a strategic aim to advance the skills of all members of the practice. As a generalist practice, we aspire to all staff being agile and flexible in their work, having ‘transferable’ skills that allow for each individual to actively participate on project and non-project activities that might not be considered their ‘core’ responsibility.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in applying, forward your application [less than 10MB] to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. BVN offers a range flexible working options to all of its employees – we are happy to discuss this with those who are invited to interview.