COLLECTIVE CREATIVITY TO DESIGN A BETTER FUTURE
The way BVN works is a little different to most. Our core purpose guides everything we do.
We are a global studio with an international reputation for design leadership and ingenuity. BVN is an architectural and design practice spanning 95 years, with a significant portfolio across a diverse spectrum and scale, comprising of complex public and private sector projects. These include many landmark buildings, spaces and precincts. Our curiosity combined with our collaborative approach influences the way we design and deliver our high-quality projects. It’s one of the reasons we’ve received over 700 design excellence awards since 2000.
Who We’re Looking For – You!
BVN is inviting expressions of interest from exceptional Senior Interior Designers to join our New York studio. This is an exciting, dynamic position that requires an adept and experienced individual to significantly contribute to key workplace projects at BVN.
Our Workplace Design Philosophy – Connection and Community
Our approach to collective creativity spans the depth and breadth of the way we address workplace design. Workplaces are constantly evolving; the current market demand is in flux, impacted by aspirational lifestyle and productivity demands. Our experience in multi-sector design comes to the forefront as we approach the way workplaces are considered and designed. Our experience in designing educational facilities, health care facilities and commercial buildings is paramount in the delivery of innovative and highly successful workplace design.
We are looking for an Interior Designer or Architect with broad project leadership experience to join us. You will be confident in leading the interior design on a project as well as capable of leading the team, client relationship, program and financial elements essential to successful project delivery.
Over time, it is likely that you will work across a variety of projects – transferring the experience you have gained in one typology to the next. These projects may be interior-focused or may be the interiors component of a larger integrated building project.
We are ideally seeking someone proficient in Revit and interested in the utilisation of technology in project delivery. Diverse project experience and excellent communication and people skills will also be highly regarded.
We will determine a competitive salary based on an understanding of the capability level of the individual candidate after interview. BVN undertakes a studio-wide salary review for all employees annually.
- Client relationship
- Concept development
- Leading design/ delivery
- Running projects – financial, resourcing, invoicing
- Mentoring junior members of the team
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience (7-10+ years) in leading complex, large scale workplace projects, in whole or in part, or making a significant contribution in a 2IC capacity
- Experience running user group meetings and leading planning from the early phases of projects through to design development
- Proven knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets
- Ability to effectively manage and coordinate a small internal team as well as external groups
- A positive, innovative, capable and dynamic approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, particularly written and verbal
- A concise understanding and mindfulness of core design intent philosophies throughout all project phases
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Design Principals
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills – a desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership
- Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets
- We are a Revit-based office, a working knowledge of the software would be well regarded
Benefits – ‘The Good Stuff’
Our people come first, and we believe that a balanced, well-lived life is where we will find the most meaning. We live in a world that is fast paced and increasingly complex in its interconnectedness, which makes the call for wellness, diversity and inclusion ever more compelling. We are continually enhancing the BVN Experience and our investment in our people as we strive for better balance, encouraging a respectful and inclusive environment where all our people can thrive and be successful.
We’ve implemented what we call ‘The Good Stuff’ — new and enhanced guidelines that support our people to help achieve the right balance in their lives. It’s part of ‘The Secret Sauce,’ that makes BVN so special. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Leave – 4 weeks of paid leave every year.
- Flexible Workplace – available for everyone, to allow them to find time to undertake the day to day aspects that make up our individual and family lives.
- Primary Carer Leave and Superannuation – 12 weeks paid leave after 12 months of service
- Secondary Carer Leave – 6 weeks paid leave after 12 months of service
- Purchased Leave – 10 days each and every year option to help manage cash flow. This is in recognition that taking unpaid leave can place a financial burden on an individual or a family.
- Health care – United Healthcare [Oxford]
Location: New York
How to apply:
To express your interest in joining our dynamic team, please forward your application [less than 10MB] to Sharon_Francis@bvn.com.au. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Your CV and portfolio will be our first impression of you, so please make sure your portfolio showcases your design talent. If you have worked in a team on a project – please be clear about your role within that project team.
Refer to our website for further information.
BVN will respond to shortlisted candidates. Applicants with a right to work in America will only be considered. Direct applications only please, no agencies. If you have further questions about the role, please contact Sharon Francis (Studio Director) in New York.