COLLECTIVE CREATIVITY TO DESIGN A BETTER FUTURE
The way BVN works is a little different to most.
Our core purpose guides everything we do.
We are a global studio with an international reputation for design leadership and ingenuity. BVN is an architectural and design practice spanning 95 years, with a significant portfolio across a diverse spectrum and scale, comprising of complex public and private sector projects. These include many landmark buildings, spaces and precincts. Our curiosity combined with our collaborative approach influences the way we design and deliver our high-quality projects. It’s one of the reasons we’ve received over 700 design excellence awards since 2000.
Who We’re Looking For – You!
BVN is inviting expressions of interest from exceptional Senior Health Designers to join our Sydney studio. This is an exciting, dynamic position that requires an adept and experienced individual to significantly contribute to key health projects at BVN.
Our Health Design Philosophy – Connection and Community
Our approach to collective creativity spans the depth and breadth of the way we address health care design. Hospitals are multi-use places, they are places of work, places of healing, places of teaching and places for family and community. Our experience in multi-sector design comes to the forefront as we approach the way health facilities are designed and considered. Our experience in designing educational facilities and workplaces are paramount in the delivery of innovative and highly successful health care design.
- Whole or part responsibility of clinical planning in a leadership role
- User group leadership alongside development of clinical planning, applicable to a range of departments
- Effectively manage and coordinate a small internal team as well as external groups
- Liaise with clients while representing BVN at meetings and presentations
- Encourage and develop your team’s skills to encourage professional growth
- Collaborate and work closely with our leadership group to develop projects
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in leading complex, large scale health care projects, in whole or in part, or making a significant contribution in a 2IC capacity
- Experience running user group meetings and leading clinical planning from the early phases of projects through to design development
- Proven knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets
- Ability to effectively manage and coordinate a small internal team as well as external groups
- A positive, innovative, capable and dynamic approach to problem solving
- Strong communication skills, particularly written and verbal
- A concise understanding and mindfulness of core design intent philosophies throughout all project phases
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Design Principals
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills – a desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership
- Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets
- We are a Revit-based office, a working knowledge of the software would be well regarded
Benefits – ‘The Good Stuff’
Our people come first, and we believe that a balanced, well-lived life is where we will find the most meaning. We live in a world that is fast paced and increasingly complex in its interconnectedness, which makes the call for wellness, diversity and inclusion ever more compelling. We are continually enhancing the BVN Experience and our investment in our people as we strive for better balance, encouraging a respectful and inclusive environment where all our people can thrive and be successful.
We’ve implemented what we call ‘The Good Stuff’ — new and enhanced guidelines that support our people to help achieve the right balance in their lives. It’s part of ‘The Secret Sauce,’ that makes BVN so special. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Flexible Workplace – available for everyone, to allow them to find time to undertake the day to day aspects that make up our individual and family lives.
- Primary Carer Leave and Superannuation – 12 weeks paid leave for the primary carer with the added benefit of super contributions for up to 12 months.
- Secondary Carer Leave – 6 weeks paid leave
- Purchased Leave – 10 days each and every year option to help manage cash flow. This is in recognition that taking unpaid leave can place a financial burden on an individual or a family.
- Wellness Week – an additional week of paid leave at Christmas in 2019, enabling everyone to get 3 weeks leave to spend time doing the things they love and recharge.
BVN Culture – ‘The Secret Sauce’
BVN is big on our social events. As a diverse group of people from all around the globe we have quarterly and interim events to celebrate the customs and traditions of our people. Our teams have many social/sporting events that are open to the entire BVN crew and those that don’t participate often join in on the sidelines!
Wellness focus – we recognise the health of our practice is underpinned by mental, physical and social wellbeing. In addition to the ‘The Good Stuff’, BVN also offers the following:
- Fresh fruit every morning.
- Lolly day every Thursday (it’s all about balance!)
- 6 kinds of milk to make your morning coffee with
- Weekly in-house massages and
- Employee Assistance Program, whereby if you’re having a rough trot (and who doesn’t hit a rough patch once in a while?) you can call on a professional team of psychologists to help you through. Now if collectively that’s not a secret sauce we don’t know what is!
How to apply:
To express your interest in joining our dynamic team, please forward your application [less than 10MB] to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. BVN offers a range of flexible working options to all of its employees – we are happy to discuss this with those who are invited to interview.
Please ensure that you reference Senior Health Design as the subject in your email.
Refer to our website for further information.
BVN will respond to shortlisted candidates. Applicants with a right to work in Australia will only be considered. Direct applications only please, no agencies. Salary offered will be commensurate to relevant experience.