BVN has a broad architecture portfolio and a global reputation for design leadership and innovation. The studio is currently seeking a senior architect/design leader (15+ years) with exceptional design skills, a keen interest in pioneering technologies, and a portfolio with an emphasis on built work.
By joining the BVN team at this level you will create and develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide creative and process leadership to multiple design teams through all phases of projects and a variety of project types – Commercial Office Buildings and Towers, Higher Education, Aviation and Transportation, Science and Technology, Hospitality, Mixed Use and Entertainment.
– Interaction with clients while representing BVN at meetings and presentations
– Collaborating with Principals developing programming, consulting, strategic planning, conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production
– Managing financial aspects of project including invoicing and internal project budget
– Leading, developing and mentoring the architectural design team
– Working with Senior Management in developing the culture of the studio
– 15+ years’ professional experience including proven track record of leading the design of large-scale projects such as health, commercial or mixed-use projects
– Strong communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients and consultants
– Ability to work collaboratively with Design Principals within previous practices
– Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies
– Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
– Outstanding graphic presentation skills
– Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills
– Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships
– Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients, and with other key consultants
– Diverse portfolio across multiple typologies is a plus
– A desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership
– Ability to use 3D software, including Revit, PhotoShop, In Design and Illustrator and PowerPoint
– Ability to use Rhino and Grasshopper is a plus
– Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your application [less than 10MB] to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.