BVN is looking for a hands-on Information Systems Manager, who will be involved in the organisation’s transition to new systems, further enhancement of existing systems, and implementation of key analytics and business intelligence technologies.
As THE data, analytics and information person, you will shape and lead the information initiatives that provide strategic insight, while you build the analytics processes to effectively leverage data. This role will lead and develop solutions, deliver results and advise and contribute to information strategy for BVN.
This role is suited to someone looking to step up into a line manager role with 2 direct report(s) initially.
- Product owner responsible for successful delivery of new features for BVN’s information systems: Deltek Vision (ERP tool), Newforma Project Center (Project Information Management tool), OpenAsset (DAM tool) and development of custom functionality where necessary.
- Systems integration – ensuring data and information flows effectively between software and databases.
- Develop and lead a high performing team capable of developing and managing applications and data sets with advanced modelling and analytics capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership to support the successful transition to new systems and implementation of key analytics and BI technologies (including Power BI and Tableau).
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand and deliver against data and information strategy to the benefit of BVN.
Deliver robust data management and data governance across the organisation by ensuring continuous improvement of data collection, management and analytics to the benefit of BVN.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- A demonstrated track record in successfully bridging the gap between technology and business teams and stakeholders, producing tangible and actionable insights and recommendations, presenting to senior stakeholders in appropriate language and formats.
- 7+ Years working with analytical and business intelligence software, in particular Power BI or Tableau.
- Expert knowledge in querying (SQL), modelling and providing insights into data sets.
- Experience building Data Warehouses / Pipelines, writing Stored Procedures, SQL queries, SSIS (or similar).
- Previous cloud experience of Azure or AWS based data storage and processing tools will be highly regarded, but not required.
- Big Data and Machine Learning ML, knowledge not required, but a passion to always be learning a must.
To be successful in this role BVN are looking for people who can demonstrate the following
- Enjoy a flexible, collaborative working environment
- Ability to manage priorities and set expectations in a complex fast-moving environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Leadership skills. You will be aware of what it takes to be a people leader and be able to demonstrate these skills in coaching rising stars.
- Passion for continuous learning and development.
- Proven strong communication (verbal and written) and inter-personal capabilities.
- Highly analytical & strong attention to detail.
Interstate travel between the Brisbane and Sydney studios is required.
Some PERKS we offer
BVN has a great culture of inclusion and diversity. The social committee is very active in planning and managing events which delight and surprise.
We have free fresh fruit delivered in the mornings and we love coffee. In both studios (Sydney & Brisbane), we have great coffee machines, as well as a selection of teas etc.
If you are partial to a drink, on Fridays we usually have post work drinks and nibbles, softies are of course always available, but it is a great time to get to know your colleagues.
Health and wellbeing also plays and important part of life at BVN. Different studios will have slightly different group activities, but there are running clubs, cycle groups, softball and yoga sessions.
We have 3D printers. Yes, as part of BVN’s commitment to investigating and evaluating new technologies, and their application in the Architecture Engineering and Construction (AEC) Industry, we have some 3D printers which anyone can use.
It doesn’t stop there, we also have a cool Virtual Reality (VR) practice and Robotics experts giving talks, and engaging people with thought leadership about the future of AEC.
BVN is an architecture studio with origins in Australia. Our 90 year old heritage has allowed us to create a broad portfolio of built work internationally. We value design, diversity and innovation.
Location: Brisbane, Sydney - Australia
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
How to apply:
If you’re interested in applying, forward your application [less than 10MB] to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Information Sytems Leader’. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. A competitive salary will be based on the capability level of the individual candidate.
Take a look at our LinkedIn or Instagram channel for more on our studio ethos.