BVN is inviting expressions of interest from experienced individuals to join our senior team in a newly created role, Head of Brand and Communications. The introduction of this role is an exciting step in the evolution of BVN. The Head of Brand and Communications should be exceptional at storytelling and bringing our messages to life through digital media, publishing and project tender submissions. They will collaborate with the partners of BVN and the team, to translate our strategy into brand, content and communications plans that are specific to our clients, industries and our global markets.
“COLLECTIVE CREATIVITY TO DESIGN A BETTER FUTURE”
Collective creativity to design a better future, guides everything we do.
BVN has an international reputation for design leadership and ingenuity. We are an architectural and design practice spanning 95 years, with a significant portfolio across a diverse spectrum and scale, comprising of complex public and private sector projects. These include many landmark buildings, spaces and precincts. Our curiosity combined with our collaborative approach influences the way we design and deliver our projects. It’s one of the reasons we’ve received over 700 design excellence awards since 2000.
We live in a time that promises extraordinary social, technological and economic change. There has never been a better or more significant opportunity to leverage the power of design to shape a future that maximises human wellbeing, strengthens identity, protects the planet and binds us through place. Our leading-edge research into robotics in architecture, integrating new digital technology, our innovation in construction methodologies, as well as our passion to deliver projects that are centred around improving individual’s lives—is the foundation for us delivering better, faster and higher quality projects. With people at the centre of our design strategy we offer not simply tailored solutions but designs for a better future.
The way we work is probably a little different to most. We feel we have something unique to offer in a global context and have expanded our footprint into New York and London. However, whilst we have a presence in prominent cities across the globe, we act as a single studio. A virtual Hive, with one central axis of support, all relaying information, collaborating and cross-pollinating with each other.
BVN is led by Principals, all equal owners, engaged with the studio in a hands-on capacity, immersed in projects and guiding teams. Creative leadership is at the helm of our 300 people, who individually and collectively, have a depth of skill and expertise to manage projects. Our approach to collective creativity offers something we believe makes BVN extraordinary.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This full-time role has been designed for an experienced brand and communications leader, who will report to our co-CEO’s, ideally with prior similar experience in design led businesses. The role is hands on and suited to someone who is comfortable working in a collaborative, highly creative, fast paced and entrepreneurial studio environment. To the right candidate this job offers an exciting opportunity to help lead BVN into its next evolution that is reflective of our core purpose and emphasise our difference. We expect that the Head of Brand and Communications will be an effective leader with excellent people skills, business acumen, and strategic and analytical thinking…but above that they will be curious, open minded collaborators who aren’t afraid to push creative boundaries.
Location: Brisbane or Sydney
The Head of Brand and Communications will be responsible for overseeing all external and internal communications, marketing, publishing, content creation and project tender submission activity across the studio. This falls into four key areas of effort:
- Publishing [media management and digital publishing]
- Content [strategy and creation]
- Creative [brand asset management and graphics]
- Business Development [strategy and submissions]
DETAILED RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Work closely with the BVN leadership team to translate strategy into brand, communications and content plans that are specific to clients, industry sectors and global markets;
- Key contact for creative agencies, public relations specialists, film producers and other collaborators that are engaged to work with us;
- Collaborate with partners and studio leaders and the team to develop storytelling and bring messages to life for project tender submissions and marketing;
- Support strategic decision making on brand development and growth and ensure studio wide alignment;
- Strategise new content creation and oversee its development;
- Leadership of a team of approximately 10 people and recruitment of new team members.
The Head of Brand and Communications performance will be considered successful if they achieve;
- The integration of our brand evolution and our core purpose across all channels and in different global markets;
- Our success rate of winning work is increased;
- BVN achieves an increase in targeted coverage;
- Our new website is fully implemented;
- We move from static collateral to greater levels of digital collateral;
- BVN’s key differentiators are understood by our target market and our people;
- Unearth the great stories to be told in the practice and recognise their power;
- BVN is recognised as a great place to work and revered within the architectural and design community as an important contributor to the industry;
- A happy, united and high performing team;
- They collaborate successfully with the other members of the senior leadership team;
- Have a great understanding of BVN and what we do.
- Proven experience in a similar role;
- Proven ability leading a team;
- Knowledge of web and business analytics tools;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning;
- Exceptional story telling ability;
- Creative and curious mindset.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in applying, forward your application [less than 10MB] to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. BVN offers a range flexible working options to all of its employees – we are happy to discuss this with those who are invited to interview.