The Design Technology Leader is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, development and delivery of design technology processes and technologies. The Design Technology Leader provides or facilitates application support for BVN’s BIM, CAD, computational, visualisation, rapid prototyping and AR/VR platforms.
The Design Technology Leader will ideally be from an architectural background with proven project delivery skills using BIM and computational design tools. The Design Technology Leader will also have experience with vendor negotiations, software licence management, contract review and fee preparation.
The Design Technology Leader will work within BVN’s I+DT Group (Information and Design Technology) and will report into the I+DT Leadership Group alongside the IT Infrastructure, IT Operations and Information Systems Leaders.
BVN fosters and supports emerging technology use and creative exploitation of consumer software and hardware on its architectural projects. The Design Technology Leader will be expected to monitor, facilitate, document and communicate these developments to the Studio on a regular basis.
Reports to: I+DT Leadership Group, chaired by the Practice Director, Information & Design Technology
- Lead the Implementation and development of BVN’s Design Technology platforms
- Manage application support for Design Technology platforms and applications
- Manage the standardisation of BIM training, documentation, and usage on projects In line with the national studio strategy
- Lead the Design Technology Team (including DT Coordinators and Software Developer)
- Facilitate the Design Technology Network – an internal research and development initiative
- Advise Project Leaders and Principals on best practice software use, contractual engagement (as it relates to BIM)
- Assist project teams with tailoring Project BIM briefs and management plans.
- Lead I+DT projects as they relate to major software upgrades or training.
- Organise and prioritise business as usual DT support.
- Regular interstate travel as required by BVN or I+DT
- Provide application support as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An open and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Autodesk Revit Expert (BVN’s primary documentation platform)
- Microsoft Office and Adobe CC proficient
- Knowledge of Australian and international BIM Guidelines or standards
- Knowledge of best practice software interoperability
- Knowledge of commercial budgeting and approval processes
- Autodesk contract + licence management.
- Autodesk Navisworks
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Render Farm management
- Knowledge of Microstation for legacy projects
How to apply:
Please send applications [less than 10MB] and links to portfolios to email@example.com