The Design Technology Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance, development and delivery of design technology processes and technologies.
The Design Technology Coordinator primarily provides or facilitates application support for BVN’s BIM, CAD, computational, visualisation, rapid prototyping and AR/VR platforms across all BVN projects.
The Design Technology Coordinator will ideally be from an architectural background with proven project delivery skills using BIM and computational design tools.
The Design Technology Coordinator will work within BVN’s I+DT Group (Information and Design Technology) and will report into the I+DT Leadership Group.
BVN fosters and supports emerging technology use and creative exploitation of consumer software and hardware on its architectural projects. The Design Technology Coordinator will be expected to assist with, monitor, facilitate, document and communicate these developments to the Studio on a regular basis.
This role would suit a project BIM Manager looking to develop and influence projects across a progressive international practice as part of a technology focused team.
- Implement and develop BVN’s Design Technology platforms.
- Manage application support for Design Technology platforms and applications.
- Manage the standardisation of BIM training, documentation, and usage on projects In line with the national studio strategy.
- Work closely with the Design Technology cluster (including DT Coordinators DT Analysts and Software Developer).
- Take part in and facilitate BVN’s DIG (Design Innovation Group).
- Advise Project Leaders and Principals on best practice software use, contractual engagement (as it relates to BIM).
- Assist project teams with tailoring Project BIM briefs and management plans.
- Lead I+DT projects as they relate to major software upgrades or staff training.
- Organise and prioritise business as usual DT support.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of BIM content libraries and technical resources.
- Regular interstate travel as required by BVN or I+DT.
- Provide application support as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An open and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Autodesk Revit Expert (BVN’s primary documentation platform).
- Microsoft Office and Adobe CC proficient.
- Basic knowledge of Australian and international BIM Guidelines or standards.
- Basic knowledge of best practice software interoperability.
- Basic knowledge of commercial budgeting and approval processes.
- Autodesk Navisworks
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Render Farm management
- Basic knowledge of Microstation for legacy projects
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send applications [less than 10MB] and links to portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org