The BVN Data Analyst is a new role that forms part of a significant investment in the transformation of BVN’s information and technology strategy.
At BVN, we are striving to learn more about our projects, our practice and the world around us by using all the data available to us. You’ll have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of information driven development challenges across the practice.
It is essential that you can build strong relationships with different areas of the practice. You’ll be asking questions of our data and communicating the information to be used for practice wide analysis and decision making.
BVN fosters and supports emerging technology use and creative exploitation of consumer software and hardware on both its architectural and internal projects. You will be expected to assist with, monitor, facilitate, document and communicate these developments to the practice on a regular basis.
The Data Analyst will be a key member of BVN’s Information + Design Technology team, primarily working within the Information cluster but interfacing with all areas of the practice.
– Champion a data-driven approach and educate and mentor all areas of the practice to improve their data processes and analyses
– Work with the Information Leader and Information Systems Coordinator to improve integration between BVN’s suite of information systems
– Translate requirements from RFIs and deliver complex information in a compelling format which can be easily understood
– Lead data auditing, cleansing and transformation projects across BVN’s information systems
– Develop suites of standard data visualisations and reports
– Investigate appropriate new data-related technologies and their application for BVN
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
– STEM related Bachelors/Masters degree (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science etc)
– Strong programming foundations
– Expert knowledge of SQL (SQL Server 2012+, MySQL) complex queries, custom views, stored procedures, report building with SSRS etc.
– Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and the ability to use all products to scripting level
– Expert knowledge of BI/data visualisation tools Tableau / PowerBI etc.
– Previous ETL project experience
– Excellent visual and aural communication skills
– Resilient and able to cope with conflicting demands
– Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
– Methodical, accurate and consistent attention to detail
– Self motivated and proactive
– Empathy with a creative environment
BONUS SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
– Previous experience in an AEC firm
– Data warehousing
– Graph databases (neo4j)
– Machine Learning
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your CV and sample portfolio [less than 10MB] to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.