COLLECTIVE CREATIVITY TO DESIGN A BETTER FUTURE
The way BVN works is a little different to most.
Our core purpose guides everything we do.
We are a global studio with an international reputation for design leadership and ingenuity. BVN is an architectural and design practice spanning 95 years, with a significant portfolio across a diverse spectrum and scale, comprising of complex public and private sector projects. These include many landmark buildings, spaces and precincts. Our curiosity combined with our collaborative approach influences the way we design and deliver our high-quality projects. It’s one of the reasons we’ve received over 700 design excellence awards since 2000.
Who We’re Looking For – You!
The BIM Manager leads, provides or facilitates BIM, computational design and visualisation on their project. You will be from an architectural background with proven project delivery skills using Revit combined with advanced scripting techniques.
You will not just be a technical specialist working alone in your corner of the model, you will actively coach your project team on all things BIM, improving BIM skills across the BVN Collective.
You will work collaboratively as an integrated part of the project team to deliver on the agreed project and design excellence outcomes. You are expected to partner with the Design Technology (DT) Team with monitoring, facilitating, documenting and communicating technology initiatives to project teams on a regular basis.
BIM Managers will contribute to an internal network of BIM specialists to share knowledge, improve project outcomes and contribute BIM Standard updates/changes. We expect you to be active in the Design Technology community and draw upon your external network and continued learning to remain current.
BVN fosters and supports emerging technology use and creative exploration of consumer software and hardware on its architectural projects.
You will report to the project leader and DT team (with a dotted line to the DT Chair)
- Take ownership for BIM health within your project team. This incorporates both the digital asset and the upskilling project team members knowledge of BIM Standards.
- Promote greater clarity of BIM workflows and advocate benefits of the BIM process.
- Provide training and mentoring to achieve BIM goals and outcomes within projects and the broader studio
- Advise Project Leaders and Principals on contractual engagements in relation to BIM Management requirements.
- Assist your project teams alongside the DT Team with tailoring Project BIM briefs and management plans.
- Partner with the DT Team to act as a conduit for new initiatives.
- Contribute to the BVN BIM content libraries and technical resources.
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An open and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Autodesk Revit Expert (BVN’s primary documentation platform) including experience using BIM360 and Navisworks.
- Knowledge of Australian and International BIM Guidelines or standards
- Knowledge of best practice software interoperability
Skills & Experience Preferred
- Rhino, Revizto, Autodesk AutoCAD, Newforma, Microstation, dRofus
- Awareness and / or desire to learn basic coding principles, Python, C#, Grasshopper, Dynamo
Benefits – ‘The Good Stuff’
Our people come first, and we believe that a balanced, well-lived life is where we will find the most meaning. We live in a world that is fast paced and increasingly complex in its interconnectedness, which makes the call for wellness, diversity and inclusion ever more compelling. We are continually enhancing the BVN Experience and our investment in our people as we strive for better balance, encouraging a respectful and inclusive environment where all our people can thrive and be successful.
We’ve implemented what we call ‘The Good Stuff’ — new and enhanced guidelines that support our people to help achieve the right balance in their lives. It’s part of ‘The Secret Sauce,’ that makes BVN so special. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Flexible Workplace – available for everyone, to allow them to find time to undertake the day to day aspects that make up our individual and family lives.
- Primary Carer Leave and Superannuation – 12 weeks paid leave for the primary carer with the added benefit of super contributions for up to 12 months.
- Secondary Carer Leave – 6 weeks paid leave
- Purchased Leave – 10 days each and every year option to help manage cash flow. This is in recognition that taking unpaid leave can place a financial burden on an individual or a family.
- Wellness Week – an additional week of paid leave at Christmas in 2017 and 2019, enabling everyone to get 3 weeks leave to spend time doing the things they love and recharge.
BVN Culture – ‘The Secret Sauce’
BVN was awarded the 2019 Best in Practice Prize NSW, by The Australian Institute of Architects (AIA). BVN was commended by the AIA jury, “(For) their progressive approach to all aspects of workplace culture. BVN recognises that a diverse and inclusive environment supports engagement, empowerment, and performance… There is a clear understanding that cultural change must be led from the top, and, where possible, policies and benefits are open to all staff, junior and senior. These include access to research time, flexible work, parental leave and profit sharing.”
Our culture, one that nurtures collective creativity, inclusion and diversity, and importantly supporting women, across all areas of the practice but notably in senior architectural positions, (we have four women in principal leadership including a female Co-CEO).
BVN is big on our social events. As a diverse group of people from all around the globe we have quarterly and interim events to celebrate the customs and traditions of our people. Our teams have many social/sporting events that are open to the entire BVN crew and those that don’t participate often join in on the sidelines!
Wellness focus – we recognise the health of our practice is underpinned by mental, physical and social wellbeing. In addition to the ‘The Good Stuff’, BVN also offers the following:
- Fresh fruit every morning.
- Lolly day every Thursday (it’s all about balance!)
- 6 kinds of milk to make your morning coffee with
- Weekly check-in calls monitoring your wellbeing and
- Employee Assistance Program, whereby if you’re having a rough trot (and who doesn’t hit a rough patch once in a while?) you can call on a professional team of psychologists to help you through. Now if collectively that’s not a secret sauce we don’t know what is!
How to apply:
To express your interest in joining our dynamic team, please forward your application [less than 10MB] to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. BVN offers a range of flexible working options to all of its employees – we are happy to discuss this with those who are invited to interview.
Please ensure that you reference BIM Manager as the subject in your email.
BVN will respond to shortlisted candidates. Applicants with a right to work in Australia will only be considered. Direct applications only please, no agencies. Salary offered will be commensurate to relevant experience.