COLLECTIVE CREATIVITY TO DESIGN A BETTER FUTURE
The way BVN works is a little different to most.
Our core purpose guides everything we do.
We are a global studio with an international reputation for design leadership and ingenuity. BVN is an architectural and design practice spanning 95 years, with a significant portfolio across a diverse spectrum and scale, comprising of complex public and private sector projects. These include many landmark buildings, spaces and precincts. Our curiosity combined with our collaborative approach influences the way we design and deliver our high-quality projects. It’s one of the reasons we’ve received over 700 design excellence awards since 2000.
Who We’re Looking For – You!
Our Brisbane Studio is seeking an exceptional design focused Architectural Graduate to join our team. This is a full-time role that will require a demonstrated and proven high level of design thinking and capability, coupled with an advanced level of expertise in the use of Rhinoceros 3d software (Rhino).
- Initiate, explore and develop quality Architectural design propositions quickly and with exceptional effectiveness through the use of the Rhino, Grasshopper and Revit software platforms
- Collaborate closely with our Principals and project leaders
- Mentor and guide others in the Studio
Skills & Experience
- Experience with complex problem solving
- Demonstrate capacity to enable design
- Collaborative nature and approach to design
- Proficient in Revit, Rhino and Grasshopper
Benefits – ‘The Good Stuff’
Our people come first, and we believe that a balanced, well-lived life is where we will find the most meaning. We live in a world that is fast paced and increasingly complex in its interconnectedness, which makes the call for wellness, diversity and inclusion ever more compelling. We are continually enhancing the BVN Experience and our investment in our people as we strive for better balance, encouraging a respectful and inclusive environment where all our people can thrive and be successful.
We’ve implemented what we call ‘The Good Stuff’ — new and enhanced guidelines that support our people to help achieve the right balance in their lives. It’s part of ‘The Secret Sauce,’ that makes BVN so special. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Flexible Workplace – available for everyone, to allow them to find time to undertake the day to day aspects that make up our individual and family lives.
- Primary Carer Leave and Superannuation – 12 weeks paid leave for the primary carer with the added benefit of super contributions for up to 12 months.
- Secondary Carer Leave – 6 weeks paid leave
- Purchased Leave – 10 days each and every year option to help manage cash flow. This is in recognition that taking unpaid leave can place a financial burden on an individual or a family.
- Wellness Week – an additional week of paid leave at Christmas in 2017 and 2019, enabling everyone to get 3 weeks leave to spend time doing the things they love and recharge.
BVN Culture – ‘The Secret Sauce’
BVN was awarded the 2019 Best in Practice Prize NSW, by The Australian Institute of Architects (AIA). BVN was commended by the AIA jury, “(For) their progressive approach to all aspects of workplace culture. BVN recognises that a diverse and inclusive environment supports engagement, empowerment, and performance… There is a clear understanding that cultural change must be led from the top, and, where possible, policies and benefits are open to all staff, junior and senior. These include access to research time, flexible work, parental leave and profit sharing.”
Our culture, one that nurtures collective creativity, inclusion and diversity, and importantly supporting women, across all areas of the practice but notably in senior architectural positions, (we have four women in principal leadership including a female Co-CEO).
BVN is big on our social events. As a diverse group of people from all around the globe we have quarterly and interim events to celebrate the customs and traditions of our people. Our teams have many social/sporting events that are open to the entire BVN crew and those that don’t participate often join in on the sidelines!
Wellness focus – we recognise the health of our practice is underpinned by mental, physical and social wellbeing. In addition to the ‘The Good Stuff’, BVN also offers the following:
- Fresh fruit every morning.
- Lolly day every Thursday (it’s all about balance!)
- 6 kinds of milk to make your morning coffee with
- Weekly check-in calls monitoring your wellbeing and
- Employee Assistance Program, whereby if you’re having a rough trot (and who doesn’t hit a rough patch once in a while?) you can call on a professional team of psychologists to help you through. Now if collectively that’s not a secret sauce we don’t know what is!
How to apply:
To express your interest in joining our dynamic team, please forward your application [less than 10MB] to email@example.com. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. BVN offers a range of flexible working options to all of its employees – we are happy to discuss this with those who are invited to interview.
Please ensure that you reference Architectural Graduate (Brisbane) as the subject in your email.
BVN will respond to shortlisted candidates. The salary for this position will be between $70,000 – $75,000 per annum (inclusive of superannuation), commensurate with the successful candidate’s level of relevant experience.