BVN are enormously excited to announce that in partnership with Carlo Ratti Associati, we have been shortlisted for the landmark new Powerhouse Precinct at Parramatta, Sydney. It is the largest cultural infrastructure project currently being undertaken in Australia and will transform and renew one of Australia’s oldest and most important cultural institutions, setting an international benchmark in cultural precinct design.
The competition focused on a 24-hour museum that will showcase the internationally significant Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS) collection and support a dynamic program of changing exhibitions. The centrepiece of a new arts and cultural precinct, the Powerhouse Museum, will house Australia’s largest and most advanced planetarium with ultra-high-resolution 3D video and multi-channel immersive audio.
As one of six finalist we are humbled and delighted to be in such exceptional company. The finalist international-Australian and Australian teams are (in alphabetical order):
- AL_A (UK) and Architectus (Australia)
- Bernardes Architecture (Brazil) and Scale Architecture (Australia)
- BVN Architecture (Australia) and Carlo Ratti Associati (Italy)
- CHROFI (Australia) with Reko Rennie (Australia)
- Moreau Kusunoki (France) and Genton(Australia)
- Steven Holl Architects (United States) and Conrad Gargett (Australia)
All requests for comments or interviews should be forwarded to Malcolm Reading Consultants
Malcolm Reading Consultants (MRC)
+ 44 20 7831 2998